Mozart Therapeutics is an early-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Seattle, focused on developing novel immune modulators that specifically target a subset of T lymphocytes to delay the onset and ameliorate targeted autoimmune diseases. The company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who can work in a dynamic start-up environment to provide scientific leadership in our Discovery Immunology group. The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist and provide leadership and oversight in the execution of studies that directly contribute to the discovery, validation, and development of Mozart candidate molecules. The position requires broad knowledge and hands-on experience of target discovery and validation and a deep understanding of foundational T cell biology and impact of therapeutics on T cell functions, with expertise in autoimmune diseases. A strong track record of previous scientific contributions resulting in program initiation and progression and demonstrated ability in successfully managing others is required.
- Provide scientific leadership and execution for one or more research programs including developing strategies for target identification and validation that results in drug discovery.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop comprehensive long range project plans to initiate and advance projects
- Lead the design, analysis, and reporting of experimental plans required for the successful development of biologics as therapeutic candidates.
- Resolve issues, questions, and coach team technical execution of bench research.
- Lead laboratory staff, ensure consistency in experimental design, analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate and contribute to multidisciplinary teams in the progression of discovery candidates.
- Represent the company/program teams at scientific conferences and in internal meetings with senior management.
- Hire, train and mentor Scientists and Research Associates.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, immunology or a related field and 10+ years’ progressive experience in drug discovery in the therapeutic areas of immunology and/or autoimmune diseases in a biotechnology setting.
- 3 + years of experience in supervising others and leading scientific teams
- Previous experience and successful track record of pre-clinical drug development, including the discovery and validation of immune modulatory biologic drug candidates
- Broad conceptual experience and technical expertise in the design and modification of experimental strategies, with demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate complex results
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, highly collaborative matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
Mozart Therapeutics is an innovative, fast paced, collaborative culture looking to hire individuals who are seeking to make a significant contribution to advancing and developing novel immune modulators that target a subset of T lymphocytes to improve clinical outcomes in patients with autoimmune diseases. We are a well-funded privately held biopharmaceutical company founded in 2020. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.