Scientist, Bioanalytical Development
Mozart Therapeutics is an early-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Seattle, focused on developing novel immune modulators that specifically target a subset of T lymphocytes to delay the onset and ameliorate targeted autoimmune diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who can work in a dynamic start-up environment in a bioanalytical development role in Mozart’s Non-Clinical Development group. This individual will be responsible for strategic discovery and development of critical reagents (soluble targets, hybridoma, polyclonal antibodies), bioanalytical assay development (PK, ADA, NAb, soluble biomarkers), and sample analysis to support and advance our immunotherapeutics with an emphasis on pre-clinical/non-clinical programs. The successful candidate must have a proven track record with the development and deployment of bioanalytical assays to help characterize the PK and immunogenicity of bispecific proteins/ biotherapeutics. Experience with evaluation of PK/PD, biodistribution, in vivo stability is desired. Prior CRO management and laboratory operations management experience is strongly desired.
- Design and develop ligand binding assays (ELISA, ECLA), cell-based assays (e.g., FACS and NAb assays), and other bioanalytical methods used to measure and characterize biotherapeutic serum concentrations and anti-drug antibodies (ADA) in various biological matrices.
- Manage hybridoma generation at contract research organizations (CROs) for the development of assay reagents, including screening and characterization of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
- Perform bioanalytical methods to measure and characterize therapeutic drugs from in vivo pre-clinical and non-clinical studies/models; generate and review test methods for ‘phase-appropriate’ analyses of study samples.
- Assist with transfer and oversight of validation for bioanalytical assays to CROs. (e.g., ELISA, ECLA, FACS and cell-based assays).
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings and participate in report writing.
- Perform transient and stable transfections, as needed to generate key reagents for bioanalytical assays.
- Experience with conjugation of critical reagents (e.g., biotin, Sulfo-Tag, FITC), assessing stability and quality of reagent-conjugate, and maintain critical reagent inventory.
- Analyze, summarize, and present data in group meetings and contribute to scientific discussions.
- Interact with multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals and timelines.
- Help develop and maintain a bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills are essential.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS or MS or PhD in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or related discipline with relevant research/industry experience 14+ years (BS), 7+ years (MS) or 2+ plus years (PhD).
- Prior GxP experience in pre-clinical and/or clinical assay development (PK and ADA), including an understanding of general assay needs for biologic therapeutics.
- Experience with MSD platform is required; experience with and understanding of ultra-sensitive technologies (e.g., SMCxPro) is a plus.
- Strong problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to multitask and thrive in a start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., MS Excel, JMP, SoftMax Pro, Belysa, GraphPad Prism).
Mozart Therapeutics is an innovative, fast paced, collaborative culture looking to hire individuals who are seeking to make a significant contribution to advancing and developing novel immune modulators that target a subset of T lymphocytes to improve clinical outcomes in patients with autoimmune diseases. We are a well-funded privately held biopharmaceutical company founded in 2020. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.